Friday, August 8, 2008

Handlebars

It’s rare for a music video to inspire me.  So when I discover one that does, it’s an event that requires comment.

 

The video in this case is for the song Handlebars by the Flobots.  Even if the music isn’t quite your style, the video itself is a powerful and poignant work of art that speaks of the state of society and the human condition.  It is saddening, and yet inspiring.

 

When the day comes that my government finally goes too far, I hope that I have the fortitude and depth of faith to stand up for what I believe, to defy the powers that be no matter how damning the odds, to raise my fist to the sky and cry out for freedom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! I don't hear enough new music these days! I liked it and wholeheartedly agree with your statements. I hope too that will we be brave enough to stand when the time comes.
They remind me a little of Rage Against the Machine crossed with Dead Prez...

The Storyteller said...

I'm glad you liked it! I still get shivers up my spine when I watch it...