Monday, July 28, 2008

A Meditation

“Tao is limitless, unborn, eternal – it can only be reached through the Hidden Creator.  She is the very face of the Absolute, the gate to the source of all things eternal.”

~ Verse 6 of the Tao Te Ching

 

There is something about this particular verse of the Tao Te Ching that resonates within me.  I can’t quite put my finger on it; perhaps it’s because it connects so well with my idea of what God is, or perhaps it simply makes intuitive sense to me, or perhaps it’s something else entirely.  Whatever the reason, I am just going to have to sit quietly and meditate on it and trust that the Truth will be revealed when I am ready to receive it.  After all, the rest of Verse 6 reads, “Listen to Her voice; hear it echo through creation.  Without fail, She reveals her presence.  Without fail, She brings us to perfection.”

 

I'm here.  And I’m listening.

No comments: