Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nothing to Report

I have nothing to write about this week.

 

I’m not entirely sure why.  Perhaps it’s the heat wave that’s descended upon the city and is compelling me to spend more time outdoors, enjoying the sun and fresh air; or perhaps it’s due to the recent series of events that has kept me caught up in a flurry of activity and thus unable to devote my attentions to writing; or perhaps I am simply feeling uninspired or uncreative.  Then again, I’m not sure if the reason matters all that much anyway.

 

All I know is that I feel a sense of deep and abiding contentment…  that I could be doing everything or nothing and still find joy in it, that no matter what happens tomorrow – for good or ill – I will be able to accept it with grace.  And in that same spirit I have accepted this lack of writing as a chance to reflect on the things that I have written on thus far, to ensure that my words are echoed in the way I live my life.  I guess even spiritual growth cannot continue unabated without the occasional time of rest.

 

So rest I shall.  Maybe I’ll have something new to write about next week.  Until then – Viva Summer!

2 comments:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Ah rest, glorious rest. Summer sun. Beaches. Bikinis. Drinks with little umbrellas. This is the life. Viva Summer! You're right!

I think you're right, too, about the need to reflect on and reorient in order for spiritual growth to continue. Thought without reflection and application is merely that, thought. Deep, lasting change, like good coffee, needs to brew a bit!

Enjoying your blog! Keep it up. Looking forward to a chance to chat about some of this stuff in the not so distant future!

Stace

Oh, and did you notice that I said you were right not once but twice! Just thought I'd point that out ;)

The Storyteller said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Stace! I'm looking forward to enjoying more of the summer with you!