Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A New Direction

“The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year.  It is that we should have a new soul.

~ G. K. Chesterton

 

It’s been a long time since my last entry, and a great deal has changed since then.  I returned to University at the start of this year to get my Bachelor’s in Education with the goal of eventually becoming a high school science teacher, leaving my old job behind – a transition from teacher to student only to become a teacher again.  It’s a very exciting time.

 

My experiences involve both a practicum in a nearby high school and classroom work.  The latter includes the writing of weekly reflective journals that, having submitted four of them, I’ve realized are extensions of my entries here.  They are simply given a different focus – the application of my past understandings in the latest chapter of my life.

 

As I seek to apply what I believe to be true in this new field of experience, it will undoubtedly solidify some ideas while requiring the adaptation of others – an essential part of the search for purpose, perfection, and Truth.  To that end, my journals will provide the content for the entries that follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that journals can be a great way to feed your blog! Looking forward to reading the insights that follow...